Thursday, March 6, 2008

A new day

Thanks to the three of you for posting a comment yesterday. I was having a very panicky moment and needed the support, so thanks for coming through for me.

Today has been better. I had a nice long talk this morning with some coworkers who are into weight loss and fitness. It's nice to have people around who understand what I'm going through. I've stayed on plan with my calories and exercise today as well. There was a party at work today and I had a beer, but I had planned for it. I did 3 miles on the treadmill this morning, then on my lunch break I did a Biggest Loser cardio workout. I'm watching Lost right now, but after it's over I'll do 45 minutes on the treadmill. Breaking up one big workout into two or three mini-workouts helps me to stay focused throughout the day, and I've heard it's a more efficient calorie-burning tool as well.

A couple of you suggested that I try maintaining for a while rather than focusing so much on losing. That's good advice, but I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet. I'm so close to a 100-lb. loss, so I'd like to get at least 2 or 3 pounds past that mark so I have a buffer. I also have a doctor's appointment on March 31st. I'm planning on talking to her about my goals to get her opinion. I still don't know what my goal weight should be. Once I have a number in mind, I think I'll feel better.

Weather permitting, I will also be running the Olathe 5K on March 29th. I'm a weenie when it comes to bad weather, so I'm going to wait to register for the race until I know it won't be rainy or freezing. Having an event to train for should help me with my focus.


No comments: