Monday, December 8, 2008

New goals

Let me get this off my chest before I go any further... I've been off the wagon for a while now.

I've been exercising very sporadically, and my diet has been... less than healthy. I'm sure I've gained more weight back, but I'm not freaking out. Thanks to my therapy sessions, I've started to learn that my worth doesn't depend on how much I weigh, or what size I am.

With that said, I'm not giving up. I still want to get back on the horse, but it's not about weight anymore. Now it's about health. Before, my weight loss was all about how I looked. I never appreciated all the positive changes that were taking place inside. My cholesterol was down, my glucose levels were great, and I felt wonderful. With every breath, I could feel the oxygen moving through my body.

I'll be back with my running group in mid-January, at which time I'll begin training for the Oklahoma City Marathon. Yup, that's right. I'm going to do another marathon. I think it will really help me to have a big goal like that on the horizon.

It's about health, not weight!

9 comments:

SuperDave said...

Hey Morgan I enjoy reading your blog because we mirror each other in our habits. From running, eating, mood swings, health, etc...
I finally got the nerve to post my before/after pics. Check em out! And you'll know where I'm coming from.
Take care!

Topher said...

Dang, girl, that's awesome! Another on so soon! Someone asked me if I'd run the Olathe half in March and I'm on the fence with that alone. Good for you committing to another 26.2. Hope you guys have a great holiday

Anonymous said...

Morgan, I hope you are doing okay. I just want you to know that even though I've only known you a short while, I know that you are a beautiful person on the inside. You are a very kind and caring person. Your weight or size can never change that. Hang in there, you will be just fine. What you have done in your life is amazing and you should be very proud of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan! I love your blog. I don't really know how I found it, since I'm new to blog reading, but you were one of the few that I added to my favorites a couple of weeks ago. I have learned a lot from your blog. I never understood what "binge eating" really meant until I read your story. Thank you so much for sharing! I hope you continue to blog. The good, the bad, the ugly, whatever it may be! You are truly inspirational!

Unknown said...

Glad you're back-- We all have our ups and downs. It is about being healthy, the looking good is a happy side effect. So glad to see you figuring this out. I mean look at Oprah, all the money in the world, years of yo-yoing and she is just figuring out it is about being healthy.

Nothing less is good enough ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Are you breaking up with us?? I feel like you have left us for something better??? Please come back, we miss you......Some times are good, some are bad. That's life and I enjoy hearing that yours. Helps make me feel normal :) You got this!

Anonymous said...

We miss you. :( Hope you're doing all right -- your blog is one of my faves, and my life will be incomplete without you!

Anonymous said...

What is important is what you are doing - not giving up. I was losing pounds week after week, and now I am binging and gaining. I am trying to focus on the journey and getting back on track. Good luck to you!