Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A good day

Lockdown: Day 1. So far, so good. Last night I sat down and planned out my meals for today, and I stuck to it. I drank a ton of water and spent the greater part of the day in the restroom (too much information, anyone?).

Thanks to my friend Laura, I made it through a 6 mile run. It was my first run in 10 days. Honestly, had I been by myself, I probably would have found some excuse not to complete the mileage. Since I had a buddy, quitting was not an option. Even though I had to walk a few times, I made it through. It was steamy and pouring rain through most of it, too. Having a running buddy is so nice. Thanks, Laura!

I still have to do some strength training after dinner tonight, but I have deemed this day a success. It's amazing what a psychological lift I get after just one day of good choices. Even though it doesn't erase all the poison I've pumped into myself, my resolve and motivation have returned. It was the boost I needed.

Someone made a comment that I need to update my weight. Yeah, I know. When I build enough courage to even find out what that number is, I'll get right on top of that. I want to be on the wagon a few more days before I even think about getting on the scale. When I know the number, so will you. Thanks for being interested, though.

3 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Sounds like you had a great day ;) On to number 2!!

Unknown said...

I enjoy running with you too Morgan! You motivate me more than you know. Keep up the good work, you are doing awesome with all your training!

Linden said...

Way to go! I love having a running partner. They hold you to your training plan when you don't want to, and you do the same.

And I had a mental lift from one day of good choices last week, too. Why is just one little day so powerful?! Doesn't matter, I guess, as long as it keeps happening! :)