Friday, May 2, 2008

Over-eating on rest days

One would assume that I'd be hungrier on days that I exercise. I'm burning more calories, so I should crave more calories, right? Not so much.

Take today, for example. It's the day before my 5K race, which means I don't work out. The goal is to conserve my energy and eat healthily. I was doing a really good job on that until about 4 o'clock this afternoon. The company I work for is participating in the Kansas City Corporate Challenge, and the kick-off party was today. I'm embarrassed to admit how much food I ate. A barbecued pork sandwich, a hot dog, some chips, 3 chocolate chip cookies, and a beer. That's not that bad, but then I went home and ate dinner with Angie too. There was absolutely no reason I needed to eat a second dinner. It's not as if I need to carbo-load for a frickin' 5K. Ridiculous.

Oh well. It's not the first time this has happened, and it probably won't be the last. It's just frustrating because I had a very specific plan for how I needed to eat today. I'm hoping my race time won't be affected. We shall see.

No comments: