Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Miscellany

It's Day 2 of the "no cheating" plan, and so far so good. It's been empowering, in a way, to not have a choice in the matter. When I wanted to get an extra bowl of cereal after dinner last night, I just said "Nope, no cheating until my birthday." It was nice. Instead of eating, I advanced to the hard level on Guitar Hero III. I made it to the Scorpion's "Rock You Like a Hurricane" before getting booed off the stage.

I've been trying to think of other things to distract myself with during those moments when I want to raid the Frigidaire. Here are a few things, some of which I've already employed:

-play Guitar Hero
-play with the dog
-read a fitness magazine
-take a bath
-organize photos
-blog
-clean
-sort through old "fat clothes" that no longer fit, put in bags for donation

Subject change...

At the end of the week, I'd planned on evaluating my caloric intake again. Since upping my calories to 1500 per day a couple of weeks ago, I haven't really lost any weight. Or, if I did, it came back. I'm not sure if I should stay at this level for a while or drop down to 1300 or 1400. Perhaps it would be prudent to wait until my "No Cheating" pledge is fulfilled. That way, I'll have some honest data to work with. The past couple of weeks have been rather tainted by some weak moments, so I guess it couldn't hurt to stay at 1500 until April 5th.

In other news...

-My thighs no longer rub together when I walk. I'm not sure
exactly when this changed, but when I realized it, I was astonished.

-I met up with my dad and his friend for their regular Sunday morning walk. His friend said he hardly recognized me.

-I signed up for the Trolley Run on April 27th. It's a 4-mile race, and I'll be participating with some other folks from my workplace, including Jaime. Today Jaime tried to convince me to run a half marathon at the end of this month. He was all, "You'll get a medal if you finish!" and I was all, "You're clearly insane." I'm good with 5Ks for now, dude. But you go get your medal.


No comments: