Friday, February 22, 2008

Zombies as a weight loss tool

When I'm on the treadmill, I enjoy watching zombie films. In old-school zombie movies, the zombies tend to be slow-moving. For this reason, I tend to steer toward the newer breed of zombie flick, where the flesh-eaters are "infected" with some kind of virus and they run like hell so they can catch you and eat you up.

George Romero is pretty much the undisputed king of the genre. His latest film, Diary of the Dead, is in theaters now, so go see it and give the man your money. I've met him, and he's really nice. So go see his movie, okay?

As much as I like Mr. Romero and his films, his zombies don't move quickly enough to spark me into a fear-induced running frenzy. Back in 2004, a remake of Romero's Dawn of the Dead was made, and in this one, the zombies are F-A-S-T. Romero fans kind of shunned the film because the director didn't make a huge effort to keep with the original feel. I liked the movie, though. In my opinion, the opening scene is one of the best zombie moments ever. If you've never seen it, here it is. It's a little on the graphic side, so don't press play if you're afraid of a little blood and gore.

I hope you're inspired to go for a run after this... I know I was!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU PUT ZOMBIES IN YOUR WEIGHT-LOSS BLOG. I LOVE YOU.