Friday, February 22, 2008

When donuts attack...

Someone brought delicious, doughy, delightful Lamar's Donuts to work today. To me, they are pretty much the perfect donut. Krispy Kreme's donuts are way too sugary for me, but Lamar's... you can't hear it, but I'm making the Hannibal Lecter "fava beans and a nice Chianti" sound.

After someone brings treats to the office, an email promptly goes out to say there are [insert delicious item here] on the table by so-and-so's desk. I walked over there and saw a coworker friend of mine picking one up. Like a bloodhound, I sniffed vigorously in his general direction, but didn't pick up a donut. Looking at the nutritional information on the Lamar's web site, I was surprised to see that a regular glazed donut is only 220 calories, and they're pretty big donuts, too.

As I rationalized it more and more in my head, my self control went out the window and I decided to just have one. I went to the table and....DUH DUH DUH! They were gone!

I was disappointed for about a minute, but that feeling was soon replaced by relief. So, thank you to whoever took the last donut. You are awesome.

No comments: