Friday, February 29, 2008

Feeling better now

Finally, I'm starting to feel better after today's microwave meltdown. I drove home with the windows rolled all the way down to air myself out. When I got home, I realized my clothing and hair reeked of the microwave smoke, so I got in the shower and washed my hair twice. Even then, I could still smell it. I think the stench just invaded my nostrils and decided to camp out there for a while.

It's now almost four hours after it happened, and my headache is subsiding. I had a spinach salad with salmon and chickpeas for dinner, and I think all that brain food really did the trick. I swear, when I inhaled that smoke, my I.Q. dropped about 20 points- and believe me, I don't have 20 points to spare.

My goal tonight is to relax. One of the ways I relax is by reading in the bathtub. Today I picked up a copy of Look Me In the Eye by John Elder Robison. It's a memoir of a man who has Asperger's syndrome. He also happens to be the older brother of Augusten Burroughs, who wrote Running With Scissors.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let the people know that I'm all better now, even if I did catch microwave brain cancer.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a couple things...I check in on your peer trainer (which also really helps me) and I see that 1500 calories has helped. You are so close to the 100lb loss!!! I would also love to know what you think about the book you are reading...my son has high functioning autism. Thanks again for being an inspiration and best wishes today in your race...