Thursday, January 31, 2008

Milestones

Yesterday I stepped on the scale to see a wonderful number looking back at me- 174. Why is this so special? Well, it means I've lost 90 lbs. since May 1, 2007. If I let myself think about it long enough, I just shake my head in disbelief.

Like I've said before, the rate at which I drop weight has slowed down considerably, so I imagine it will be April or May before I can say I've lost 100 lbs. I wonder what that will feel like. I remember thinking I would have some kind of "running-through-a-flowery-field" feeling when I got below 200, but that really didn't happen. It just sort of came and went.

The "M" word- maintenance- is getting closer and closer, and it makes me nervous. I knew in the beginning that this wasn't just a diet. I was changing my life. Now that I'm closer to my goal weight, it's really hitting me that this is what it will be like forever. Well, maybe not exactly; I probably won't need to exercise quite as much, and I might be able to bump up my calories a bit. However, for the most part, this is it. No more eating an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting. No more going through 2 drive-throughs before getting home and eat ANOTHER dinner. On one hand, I'm so grateful to not be that person anymore. She was really pathetic and sad. But I kind of miss her sometimes. Is that messed up?

No comments: