Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The 411


It's official. I just registered for the Kansas City Marathon. According to the confirmation email I just received, my bib number will be 411. Clearly, they understand that I have all the information everyone wants to know, so they just went ahead and bestowed that very appropriate bib number. Good for them for recognizing the obvious.

Now, back to the real world...

Holy crap. I just signed up for a freaking marathon. Am I insane? Not only am I planning on running 26.2 miles without being chased by a bear or a policeman, but I'm paying to do it?! Obviously, I'm mentally ill. Now that there's been an exchange of currency and they know my name and address, I must admit I'm a little apprehensive. Will I be ready? Will I hit the Wall? Will it hurt?

All I can do is my best. There is a lot of work to do between now and October. I'm glad I have the support of my loved ones, the guidance of a renowned running group, and a lighter body to carry me through. I can do this!

8 comments:

*lisa* said...

yes, yes, and yes.

you'll do great! plus, marathon training will probably give you a new kickstart you're looking for nutritionally, because you can't eat junk and train successfully!

abby suzanne said...

WooHoo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan-

Congrats on making it official! I just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to run my first race. I registered for my first
5K in August. Good luck on Saturday with the RE group. Laura

Anonymous said...

absolutely positootley you can do this!! more power to you!

Anonymous said...

Morgan-
I'm friends with Angela and she told me about your blog. I find it so inspirational and real... I'm sharing it with all of my friends!

This made me laugh out loud...

"Not only am I planning on running 26.2 miles without being chased by a bear or a policeman, but I'm paying to do it?!"

I did my first half marathon in January 2007, and I thought the same thing... I'm really paying someone to do this?!? But the feeling you'll get when you cross that finish line is priceless!

Good luck with your training! Look how far you've come! 26.2 miles is nothing!

Mal said...

you're my hero

Morgan said...

To Laura:
Which race did you sign up for? Hope you'll see this and shoot me an email at morgangetsthin@yahoo.com.
Morgan

Anonymous said...

I KNOW you can do it, and I'm so proud of you! This is going to be so awesome :)