Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I miss TBL

Tuesday nights don't seem complete anymore. I'm used to getting some inspiration from The Biggest Loser, but sadly the season ended. According to the NBC casting site, they are now looking for teams of two for TBL season 6. There's no mention of when the next season starts. Sigh...

So, for the foreseeable future, I have to get my Tuesday night kicks from Workout.

Last night on the show, the male trainers competed in a 10K (6.2 mile) mud race. These are big, buff dudes. Most of them could bench press the new me (hell, even the old me) with one hand while holding a mirror to their perfectly-stubbled faces with the other.

Even so, about half of these Adonises had a lot of trouble completing the race. I guess it's hard to fit in the cardio when you pump iron 10 hours a day. What cracked me up even more is that I ran 10K on the treadmill right before watching the show. It was by no means easy, nor was I running through the mud like they were, but I think I could probably kick some of their butts in a race.

Unfortunately, there's not very much inspiration to be gleaned (gleaned...what a fun word) from Workout. It's about a bunch of perfect-looking people and the hilarity that ensues when their humanity shows through. They do have some overweight folks who are part of a special program at the gym to slim down, but there's not enough airtime dedicated to them. I'd really like to see more of that aspect of the show. All you Bravo executives out there...take note.

In Marathon news...

After doing some research, I've figured out my training schedule for the marathon. It's going to be a long, long summer.

No comments: