Thursday, March 13, 2008

Feeling great today

I'm in a great mood today. Taking those photos last night was a huge confidence booster. To see myself standing in one leg of my old pants...well, it's mind boggling. Those things used to fit me like a glove. They were size 26. The really scary part is, Lane Bryant only goes up to size 28. I was only a couple sizes away from being too fat to shop at the plus-size store.

I woke up and saw 166 on the scale this morning, which means I'm only 2 pounds away from hitting that 100-lb milestone. Since I'm doing this "no cheat pledge," I think it's realistic to assume I'll be able to reach my century mark in a week or two, maybe sooner.

This morning, I did two strength-training workouts from The Biggest Loser Volume 2 DVD. I did "Bob's Bootcamp" and "Functional Flexibility." Lots of lunges, squats, and crunches. I enjoyed myself. Yup, it's true. I enjoyed exercising today. I felt powerful and buff afterward. Ready to take on the world.

I also averted snack time disaster. When I'm sitting at my desk in the afternoon, I get the munchies. I eat my planned snacks, but still feel like eating when I'm not really hungry. Also, it's Thursday, which means I'll be going to the nursing home after work and probably won't have dinner until after 7. That's dangerous for me. So, I was a little concerned if my afternoon snack of All Bran with Yogurt Bites mixed with light yogurt would fill me up. It's been almost 2 hours since I ate it, and I'm feeling good.

The Biggest Loser DVD... $9.99
Kellogg's All Bran... $3.00
Fitting your whole lower body into your old fat pants... priceless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Jennette Fulda said...

Oh man, I used to be too fat to shop at the plus-size store and it was completely horrible. I had to buy pants online.

The 100-pound mark is awesome. I know you can make it. And those pics in the fat pants are awesome.

Thanks for the recache today!

Anonymous said...

Morgan hi!
I was wondering when you started this diet how many calories did you eat a day? I noticed just recently you upped the calories to 1500. How many calories in the beginning for how long to lose nearly 100lbs. Also how much exercise in the beginning to get you started. Thanks, Tracy

Morgan said...

Hey Tracy,

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a nutrtionist or a personal trainer, so my advice shouldn't be taken as gospel.

When I very first started, I ate around 1200 calories per day, but I should NOT have gone that low. I would do it differently if I had it to do over. I should have lowered to 1800 to start, then 1500. It really depends on your weight and activity level. I'd recommend seeing a nutritionist to get a basic idea of how much you should eat.

I started exercising with 25 minute walks, and videos like The Biggest Loser and Walk Away the Pounds. I would just do as much as I could, and try to push myself a little more each time.

Thanks for reading!

Morgan