Thursday, January 17, 2008

A little background info for you...

Hello, everyone, and welcome to Morgan Gets Thin. This is my first blog ever! I'm here to tell the ugly truth about what it's like to go from morbid obesity to a somewhat normal weight.

I've struggled with weight for a long, long time. I remember when I was twelve. I was the tallest, huskiest girl in my class, but I was athletic so I didn't think my large size was a big deal. When I stopped doing sports and kept gaining weight, I knew I had a problem.

I just got bigger and bigger. I hardly ever weighed myself, so I can't be sure exactly what the numbers were. I do remember being in college and having to buy men's jeans because the women's sizes would no longer fit me. This was before plus-size fashion came into the picture. If you were bigger than a 16, you were pretty much out of luck.

That is, until I discovered Lane Bryant. I thought I had found the place where I belonged. The stuff actually FIT me! So, that was my new home away from home when I needed clothes. I got up to a size 26. That's 26, folks. Everyday tasks were becoming difficult. Easy things like tying your shoes or taking a shower. And I was only 29 years old.

A lot of people say that they had a "light bulb moment" or they hit rock bottom before they started getting healthy. That didn't really happen to me. There was no catastrophe that occurred, or no embarrassing moment where someone made fun of me. I was just sick of it, that's all.

So I changed. Tomorrow I'll tell you all about it!

No comments: